Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Just Drive

“Don’t get too close -- WOA! Watch the mailbox! OK, that’s it -- easy now. You got it. Please, God, don’t let me die. OK. Woa, too slow. The people behind us are getting impatient. Go a little faster. Not that much! It’s OK. It’s going to be OK.”

I got my permit last Wednesday, and life has definitely been an adventure since then. After a week of driving in the neighborhood, my dad decided to make me drive on the highway. I did not think I was ready for that. Turns out, I was. Who knew? Granted, I’m not the greatest driver in the world, but I’m alive, right?

Lately I have been thinking about my new turn in the road of life (pun intended). During our hour-long drive I told my dad, “This is like placing a two-month old in the middle of the ocean and telling him to swim.” His answer: “Exactly.”

In real life, God knows what is best for us. Sometimes He even throws us where He desires us despite the fact that we feel incapable. You see, no matter what happens, God is ready to guide-even when we feel like giving up. Honestly, I would rather not drive down Highway 54 at 55 mph, but somewhere down the road, my willingness to step out of my comfort zone will benefit me. The simple fact that I continually trust God to keep me alive will help me when I don’t know what else to do in life. He patiently awaits the day when we look to Him for direction, for that will be the day when we learn how to trust.

“Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass” (Psalms 37:5, NKJV).

No comments:

Post a Comment